In readiness to learn how to replace bathroom shower faucet, you need to be prepared to implement this crucial knowledge. Are you learning this to replace a bathroom shower faucet at your home, neighbor’s home, or at any other place? The best use of this knowledge is to implement the understanding of the concept.
Otherwise, it will be of no great importance to you. If you implement the knowledge, you gradually become an expert. Isn’t that interesting to you? Today, you are on the verge of becoming an expert in doing simple DIY projects such as replacing a bathroom shower faucet.
If your bathroom shower faucet is leaky, you would wish to replace it swiftly. Also, if the system lacks a balanced temperature and pressure, you will need to replace the shower faucet. But the work might be intimidating if you are new into doing this and you fail to get the right guideline.
However, if you get the appropriate guide, you are bound to complete this project in a couple of hours. It is recommendable to start by acquiring a new bathroom shower faucet. You can purchase online from reputable e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
CLICK HERE TO BUY FROM AMAZON NOW
In reality, you might not need to call any plumber to complete the work. As you start, bear in mind that the work is sub-divided into two phases as we are going to discuss in this post.
You are required to remove the old shower faucet, and subsequently installing the newly purchased bathroom shower faucet. Before you get started, ensure you have the following tools and materials.
Materials And Tools Required For This Task
- Putty knife
- Adjustable wrench
- Pipe wrench
- Flat-head screwdriver
- New shower faucet
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Slip-jaw pliers
Procedure: How To Replace Bathroom Shower Faucet
In this case, the procedure will be covered in two phases. That is, removing the old bathroom shower faucet and installing a new one. Before starting, reach the main water supply line valve and turn it off.
Removing The Old Bathroom Shower Faucet
- Hoping that you have already turned off the main water supply valves, you will need to turn on the shower faucet handles to allow all the water to drain.
- Use the Flat-head screwdriver to remove all the decorative caps. These caps cover the screw holding the faucet handle. Remove them and subsequently the screws. Use a putty knife to remove the visible decorative plates.
- Next, you need to remove the escutcheons. You will use the flat-head screwdriver to remove the escutcheons by slipping the tool at the rear edge of each escutcheon and prying them off.
- The retainer nut should be visible to you at this moment. Use an adjustable wrench to loosen the nut. Follow this by grasping the faucet handle using slip-jaw pliers and pull the entire bathroom faucet from the wall.
Installing The New Bathroom Shower Faucet
- The replacement process will be quite straightforward because it is merely the reverse of what you have done a while ago. Installing the shower faucet for the first time might be more difficult than what you are going to do in this case.
- Since the wall was already cut, you will easily insert the new shower faucet post in its place on the wall. Use a retainer nut to hold the faucet post firmly on the wall. Use an adjustable nut to complete this part of the task. Other remaining posts will be removed and replaced in the same fashion.
- Over the shower faucet posts, mount the new escutcheons. After this is done, follow this by the installation of the new faucet handles. Using the Phillips head screwdriver, secure the faucet handles.
- You are now free to test whether the replacement process was successful. If everything is okay, you now know how to replace bathroom shower faucet.
- Congratulations! You can now relax and take a cup of coffee!
In essence, it is imperative to learn how to replace bathroom shower faucet. Armed with this knowledge, you can save a lot of money. If you know how to replace bathroom shower faucet, you won’t endure having a leaky shower faucet because the reliable plumbers are away and busy on different projects. Whenever this problem arises, you will be keen to resolve it on the spot. You can even replace a bathroom shower faucet because you want a change in style. For instance, you wish to shift from a single handle to a double handle unit or a three handle unit. In either the case, the process is quite simple.