You cannot relish a kitchen that is characterized by a dirty stinky sink. You have to find means of making your kitchen sink to appear clean, sparkling, and shiny. In this regard, you need to know how to clean kitchen sink with baking soda.
Whether your kitchen sink is stinky or not, cleaning your sink helps to keep the entire kitchen environment hygienic, an important aspect of every home. In the course of cleaning your best kitchen sink, finding the right cleaning agent is critical. The selection of a cleaning agent depends on the material making your kitchen sink.
In the market, you have a number of options when it comes to choosing the best cleaning agent for your kitchen sink. However, you don’t need to go to the market and get a cleaning agent that can have the work done.
Do you have baking soda in your house? The substance is very common and it is likely that you have it. If you have it in your house, you need to know that this substance can be used as a cleaning agent. Over the ages, baking soda has been a much effective selection.
At least once every week, you need to clean your kitchen sink using baking soda. That leaves your kitchen sink clean and sparkling. Also, it helps to sanitize and unclog your kitchen sink drain, something that many people struggle to find a solution.
If you have a stainless steel kitchen sink, avoid the use of cleaning agents such as bleach and ammonia. Besides, you should avoid abrasive cleaners since they cause scratches, which dents the outlook of your sink’s finish.
Learn how to clean kitchen sink with baking soda and avoid the common pitfalls. In this post, I will walk you through a process that will enable you to keep your kitchen sink clean, sparkling, and odorless.
What You Need To Know About Baking Soda
In science, baking soda occurs naturally as a mineral compound also known as sodium bicarbonate. The compound has various industrial uses and this explains why it is extracted from the mineral ore. In the extraction process, the compound is mined from soda ash.
Given its relationship with soda ash, the compound is alkaline in nature. In its powdery form, the compound can dissolve acidic substances such as grease. In this case, grease is a major component of gunk, clog, and dirt in many kitchens’ sinks.
Moreover, baking soda will counter fungi and odor-causing bacteria in your kitchen sink. The compound has disinfectant properties, which makes it an excellent cleaning agent.
Procedure: How To Clean Kitchen Sink With Baking Soda
- Before you apply the baking soda powder, clean your sink using warm water. Hurriedly, get some water boiling and wash your kitchen sink. Make sure that every visible corner of your kitchen sink is clean.
- After you are through with the use of warm water on the kitchen sink, move ahead and use a soft cloth, gentle soap, and warm water to clean the faucet. You cannot have a clean kitchen sink and a dirty faucet. While doing this, make sure you don’t have dishes and utensils in your kitchen sink.
- Now that you have used warm water to clean both the sink and the faucet; it is time to clean the drain. Allow hot water to run from the tap for 10 minutes. That should help to mask the odor and melt the fatty gunk along the drainage pipes.
- At this stage, ready your baking soda. Sprinkle the entire sink surface with baking soda and proceed with the cleaning process.
- After you are done with the surface and rinsed it with water, pour a cup of baking soda down the drain followed by a second one filled with white vinegar. Meanwhile, prepare some hot water and once it is ready, pour it down the drain.
- If you don’t have white vinegar, use lemon juice instead. However, make sure that you mix the two reactants before pouring them down the drain.
- Alternatively, you can use baking soda and liquid soap. Use a bowl to mix the two cleaning agents and completely stir the mixture. In the mixture, you can add a little vinegar and liquid soap. Continue stirring and pour the combination down the sink drain once every week.
- After you have used any of the above-mentioned cleaning agents, rinse your kitchen sink thoroughly. Use a soft towel to dry your rinsed kitchen sink and faucet.
Why Use Baking Soda In Your Home?
Baking soda can have a wide range of uses in your home. Apart from cleaning the kitchen sink, the substance has other typical home uses. It helps you avoid buying risky chemicals and bleaching agents for use in your home.
Remember, there is a risk of storing these harmful chemicals in your house. Getting used to baking soda helps you to avoid the pitfalls associated with the use and storage of harmful chemicals.
Thus, baking soda is an environmentally-friendly substance that you can use in cleaning your garbage disposal, faucet, and sink. Such a property becomes useful given that you have children in your home and would like to avoid the use and storage of harmful chemicals.
In conclusion, learning how to clean kitchen sink with baking soda is pretty important. Given that baking soda is easily available and cheap, this presents you with the best cleaning agent. The substance is not harmful and adequately helps you to clean the sink; thus, makes your kitchen sink odorless.
Even with clogged drains, baking soda will still help to unclog them; therefore, this leaves your kitchen sink clean and sparkling. Make sure you conduct the cleaning exercise at least once in a week using this cleaning agent and you will indeed find its value. Thank you for reading! If you find this article helpful, share with your friends. Sharing is caring!