Even though cleaning a toilet is not an interesting responsibility to you, you cannot avoid doing it. All you need to know is the basics on how to clean a toilet bowl and the rest will be easy for you. Instead of just pouring water and hitting your toilet with a cleaner without comprehensively removing the dirt and making the ideal cleaning, you will need to know the cleaning basics for you to be able to have your toilet bowl sparkling.
How can you keep your toilet bowl clean? This is a fundamental question that you need to ask yourself. You cannot just leave your dirty toilet bowl and feel comfortable at your home. The dirt in your toilet bowl won’t make you feel comfortable. On a lighter note, the toilet bowl is the most used seat in your home.
Do you think it takes longer to learn how to clean a toilet bowl? Absolutely not! In the next few moments, you should be able to understand how to clean a toilet bowl trouble-free and in a way that will leave it sparkling.
How to Clean a Toilet Bowl: Requirements
- Paper towels
- Disinfecting spray
- Pair of gloves
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Pumice stone on a stick
- Tiff-bristle toilet brush
- Old toothbrush
- Grout cleaner
- Baking soda
- Damp sponge
- Old towel
Procedure: How to Clean a Toilet Bowl
The process of cleaning a toilet bowl should be executed compressively. In some cases, the cleaning process might take a long time based on the nature of dirt you are trying to eliminate. In this procedure, we will consider all the aspects of toilet bowl dirt that can encounter and other associated issues to help you keep your toilet bowl clean at all times. Below is the cleaning process based on specific cleaning requirements.
- The first area of focus is the toilet drain. This area will now always need cleaning but will depend on your judgment on how you view it. When you flush the water, it should run at standard pressure and speed. If this is not the case, there is a possibility of a clogged toilet drain. You need to use a plunger and have your toilet drain clean.
- The second area of consideration is the development of toilet molds. Any part of your toilet bowl that develops molds ought to be thoroughly cleaned and the molds removed since they pose a health risk. As you clean your toilet bowl, always focus on the dark areas since they are an epitome of molds.
- The other area of focus is the entire dirty toilet. You cannot only know how to clean a toilet bowl without considering the cleaning of the areas around the bowl. You need to learn how to clean them too so that after you are done with the process, the entire toilet room can be left clean.
- You need to clean the toilet grout as well. Use a grout cleaner and an old toothbrush to clean the stains that might develop in the toilet grout.
- The most considered are during the cleaning process is the inside of the toilet bowl. You need to have your pair of gloves in place and use Tiff-bristle toilet brush in the cleaning of this area. Always, ensure that the spraying disinfectant that you are using does not affect the material making your toilet bowl.
Some people might complain that they followed the “how to clean a toilet bowl guide” that I have provided, but the toilet bowl still remained dirty. Probably, they did not realize that their toilet bowl needed more attention and not just scrubbing off the dirt. In this case, it is possible that the toilet bowl was stained. How do you remove the stain in your toilet bowl? Below is a brief about stained toilet bowls and how to eliminate the stains.
- The use of hard water and the presence of mold can lead to the development of waterlines in your toilet bowl. Using a mixture of vinegar and borax along with your toilet brush, you can purge the toilet surface.
- In the underside of your toilet seat, the growth of waterlines is a very likely scenario. Always clean your toilet bowl lid when doing the cleaning process. Use a damp sponge and baking soda when removing the stains around this area.
Again, the dirt in your toilet bowl might be beyond stain and the typical dirt. In this case, it might be a scenario whereby your toilet bowl is clogged and the above-used means have not helped to get rid of the clog in your toilet bowl. No one loves to use a clogged toilet bowl because it is not glossed. Every time you see, you develop a perception that it is dirty even when it has just been cleaned. The following tips are imperative in such a case.
- Put on your hand gloves and ensure that you have an old towel around.
- You need to have a plunger that is ball-shaped and of high-quality. In some cases, this might not work out and you will need to use an alternative. The best alternative will be a snake. If this won’t work, you can invite a plumber.
Are you still not sure how you can remove a toilet bowl mold? I would like to cover that aspect in a more detailed way since I realized that this are troubles many people. After removing the molds, your toilet bowl will appear shinny and clean. Follow the steps below.
- You need bleach and scrubbing brush. One cup of the bleach solution is enough in this case.
- Alternatively, you can use lemon juice or vinegar to remove the molds. In this case, you need to first soak an old toothbrush in either of these solutions and scrubbing off the molds.
After you are through with your toilet bowl cleaning duties, you need to sanitize the tools as well. You cannot store the dirty tools because this would seem unhygienic. The following are simple steps that can help you sanitize your tools.
- Under your toilet seat, dip the wet toilet brush; pour bleach all over the brush that is inside the toilet bowl.
- Allow some time for the bleach to function, and then rinse with hot water. Remember to clean the toilet brush canister using soapy and warm water.
- Insert the toilet brush back in the canister after all are dry to avoid bacteria build-up.
- Peel off your hand gloves after the cleaning exercise. Scrub your gloves with hot water and soap under your sink. Dry the gloves before storing them.
After all the hard work, your toilet bowl and the entire toilet must be very clean. Thumbs up!
In summary, the process of how to clean a toilet bowl is straightforward as you have seen. Depending on the complexity of the dirt, I believe this article has proved to be helpful to you. You just need to have all the requirements and tools, and then the procedures are quite easy. Clean your toilet bowl regularly and the place will appear hygienic.