If you visit a considerable number of homes, you will realize that a stainless steel sink is the most used model in the kitchens. Given the massive use of these types of sinks, people need to know how to clean stainless steel sink stains. The knowledge is pretty helpful and the cleaning process is quite straightforward.
Do you have a stainless steel kitchen sink in your kitchen? I can categorize them among the best kitchen sink brands. Nevertheless, when shopping for these types of sinks, you need to use the guides on the best stainless steel kitchen sink brands that we have in the market. Manufacturers keep tweaking the models to suit the needs of the customers.
Then how can you spend your money on the best stainless steel kitchen sink and yet you can’t take care of the model. Cleaning is part of maintenance practices in every home. Learn how to clean stainless steel sink stains and your experience with this kitchen sink model will be okay. These sinks are beautifully designed and cheap to acquire. In this guide, I will discuss with you how to clean stainless steel sink stains and keep your model sparkling.
Procedure: How To Clean Stainless Steel Sink Stains
- You will require non-abrasive and natural cleaners to remove the stains when cleaning a stainless steel sink.
- Note that abrasive cleaners will result in ugly scratches and damage the appearance of your kitchen sink.
- If you are not careful, you can easily scratch off the shiny surface of your stainless steel kitchen sink. However, some stainless steel kitchen sinks have a matte-finish which helps to offset this issue.
- Stainless steel responds fairly well on different cleaning methods. In spite of this, you will need to study the nature of your sink’s finish.
- Inspect whether the manufacturer left directional scratches on the sink’s surface. In this case, it all depends on how the designer polished the sink’s surface. Understanding whether these directional scratches are available will help you to conduct an effective cleaning process.
- Make sure you use the non-scratch pads to remove the dirt from the directional patterns within the sink’s surface.
- Having made to you known these pre-cleaning tips, you can use steam cleaning and have your stainless steel kitchen sink sparkling as a brand new model.
- How do you steam clean your stainless steel kitchen sink? Use a kettle to boil some water and at the same time, cover the stained sink’s surface with a paper towel.
- After the water boils, pour plenty of it on the paper towel until it is excessively wet. Allow 15 minutes for the steam to work; the action of steam vapor will lift the stains from the sink’s surface.
- Allow the sink’s surface to cool and rub it using the paper towel. Check whether the stains have been lifted by the steam vapor.
- If you are not convinced by the efficiency of this method, I can take you to phase II of how to clean stainless steel sink stains.
- In phase II, you need dish soap and baking soda. Mix the two substances to form a paste. Use the paste to gently rub on the stained areas using a soft cloth.
- Once you have exhaust rubbing, use a towel to dry the stainless steel sink’s surface. Inspect whether you have been convinced by the effectiveness of this method. Are there still stains on the surface?
- If you still find any stains, then the method might not have been effective and you now need to move to the phase III on how to clean stainless steel sink stains.
- In this phase III, use white vinegar. Pour a little amount of white vinegar bit by bit on the stained stainless steel sink surface.
- Allow the white vinegar to sit on the stained surface for some time since this will help to lift the stains.
- After 10 minutes, use a piece of soft cloth to rub the stained surface. After you have completed the rubbing exercise, use water to rinse the area and after that, dry the sink with a towel.
- Was the method effective? If you are still not convinced; the last technique should finally help you. We move to the phase IV on how to clean stainless steel sink stains.
- In phase IV, you need the help of a stainless steel cleaner. A combination of a polisher and a stainless steel cleaner will have the work done. With this combination, it is pretty easy to have the stains budge.
- Buy the two materials and follow the label instructions thoroughly for the best results. After the work is complete, dry the sink using a towel.
- If the first phase, second, or the third one failed to give results with the only the fourth one helping you out; the work was not easy for you.
- To avoid the same situation in the future, you need to understand how to prevent stains on your stainless steel kitchen sink.
- As a preventive measure, stop using chlorine-containing compounds on the stainless steel sink. The same is the case for bleaches; you should totally avoid them.
- Avoid using the oven cleaners on the stainless steel kitchen sink; avoid the use of standard abrasive cleaning agents on these types of sinks.
- Avoid the use of wire brushes and steel wool; instead, use non-scratch cleaning pads.
To conclude, you have now learned how to clean stainless steel sink stains. As you have realized, the process might be easy and at the same time, it can be intimidating. If you have successfully cleaned your stainless steel, it appears brand new. While doing the cleaning process, make sure you don’t use harsh and abrasive cleaners. After cleaning the sink, always dry the surface using a soft cloth. After using your kitchen sink, always rinse it with hot water. Prevent the accumulation of the watermarks on the sink by wiping the surface. That is all about cleaning and maintaining a stainless steel kitchen sink. If you like this post, share it with your friends.